Menu Close

How can I get a copy of my W-2 without contacting my employer?

How can I get a copy of my W-2 without contacting my employer?

If you can’t get in touch with your employer to get a W-2, you can reach out to your local IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center (TAC). The IRS will use your name, Social Security number, estimate of wages and estimate of federal income tax withheld to try to help you.

What do I do if my previous employer won’t give me my W-2?

If you haven’t received your Form W-2 by mid-February, follow these four steps:

  1. Contact your employer. If you have not received your Form W-2, contact your employer to inquire if and when the Form W-2 was mailed.
  2. Contact the IRS.
  3. File your return.
  4. File a Form 1040X.
  5. Let PrimePay Handle Your Forms W-2.

How do I import or enter my W-2?

To import your info, find the employer ID number or EIN, in box B on your W2. Enter the EIN and click continue. Then follow the prompts on your screen to quickly and easily import your W2. No need to type. If you are not able to import your W2 information, type it in by hand.

How can I get a copy of my W-2?


  • Employee Identification Number
  • Last 4 digits of your Social Security Number
  • A daytime telephone number where you can be reached
  • Year (s) duplicate W-2 is needed (for up to the most recent 5 years)
  • Current Mailing Address
  • State Government Agency (Corrections,DTMB,etc.)
  • How can I See my W2 online?

    Go to the W-2 Finder Search Page

  • Enter your employer’s name or Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) to verify they participate in the program.
  • If they do,follow the onscreen instructions so your W-2 can be sent electronically to H&R Block.
  • What to do if you are missing a W-2?

    Generally, when a W-2 or 1099 is missing, it is best to keep the appointment so that everything else for the return can be completed. You can then mail the missing document to the office or drop it off at a later date. That way, your return can be finished as soon as the W-2 or 1099 is available,…