Table of Contents
How can we make festival eco-friendly?
Use paper flowers or natural flowers for decoration. Decorate the festival venue with reusable items or biodegradable materials like cloth, paper, decorative plants and leaves, bamboo, etc. Use natural colours such as turmeric, henna, rice powder and gulaal for making rangoli.
Why is Diwali eco-friendly?
This Green Diwali is way to celebrate the festival with minimum consequences to the environment. With the bursting of loud firecrackers, the pollution in the country rises to the dangerous level causing discomfort to the elderly people, children and pets.
How can we celebrate Diwali without pollution?
Use More Diyas If you have younger children at home, you can always get them to make DIY diyas to keep them occupied and steer them away from crackers. This will not only be a great idea to keep them engaged but also make them learn the importance of preventing air and soil pollution.
What are the eco-friendly festivals?
Top 10 Eco-Friendly Festivals 2020
- Burning Man 2020 Guide & Mailing List.
- Green Man Festival 2020 Guide & Mailing List.
- Splendour In The Grass 2020 Guide & Mailing List.
- Pohoda Festival 2020 Guide & Waiting List.
- Secret Solstice 2020 Guide & Waiting List.
- We Love Green 2020 Guide & Waiting List.
How do you celebrate Diwali a unique way?
Unique Ways to Celebrate Diwali with a difference
- Instead of Plastic Go Earthy –
- Say NO to noisy fire crackers –
- Go Green and Environment friendly –
- Recycled Diwali Decor –
- This year, give the festivals a green tinge by reusing everyday items in innovative ways to create beautiful products.
What is green Diwali How can you celebrate a happy and pollution free Diwali?
Earthen Lamps/eco-friendly candles Major attraction in Diwali is decorating your home with lights and lamps. Say no to LED lights or plastic lamps which are easily available in markets and purchase clay diyas. The earthen lamps are your best friend if you want to celebrate a pollution-free and eco-friendly Diwali.
What is an eco-friendly?
An eco-friendly person has similar attributes to an eco-friendly product. They re-use, recycle and reduce waste disposal in their lives. They conserve energy and natural resources, and they are conscious of the impact their actions have on others, and the planet’s ecosystems.
Are festivals eco-friendly and sustainable?
Over the past decade, many festivals have been striving to cut their emissions and become more sustainable environmentally. And if it’s embedded into the mentality of attendees, it can also create a really clean and beautifully kept festival site.
What are some eco-friendly activities?
List of 17 eco friendly activities
- Go for a hike and plant a tree at the top.
- Enjoy the outdoors with zero waste camping.
- Explore your community on bikes.
- Have a picnic in the park.
- Stay up late stargazing.
- Host a zero waste pizza making challenge.
- Spend your day at the lake.
- Plant bee friendly flowers all over town.
What is the Speciality of Diwali?
One of the most popular festivals of Hinduism, Diwali symbolizes the spiritual “victory of light over darkness, good over evil, and knowledge over ignorance”.