Table of Contents
How do you use predilection in a sentence?
Predilection in a Sentence 🔉
- Her predilection for chocolate-covered roaches is so weird!
- Gregory goes out to watch birds daily so I assume he has a predilection for the hobby.
- When the repeat offender stood in front of the court, the judge asked him if he had a predilection for getting into trouble.
Is it predilection to or for?
predilection Add to list Share. A predilection is a preference for or bias toward something. If you have a predilection for wool clothing, you should take up knitting.
What does the word predilection mean?
predilection, prepossession, prejudice, bias mean an attitude of mind that predisposes one to favor something. predilection implies a strong liking deriving from one’s temperament or experience.
How do you use propriety in a sentence?
Propriety in a Sentence 🔉
- After Harold wore a clown suit to his cousin’s funeral, we had to question his sense of propriety.
- To ensure all legal obligations are met, Tom must review every paragraph of the contract for propriety.
Which is the closest antonym for the word predilection?
antonyms for predilection
How do you use proscribe in a sentence?
Proscribe in a Sentence 🔉
- Most states have laws that proscribe texting while driving.
- The policies of the school district proscribe accessing social media websites on school computers.
- When my parents discover my boyfriend has an arrest record, they are going to proscribe me from seeing him.
Which is an example of predilection in a sentence?
Definition of Predilection. a preference for something; a strong liking. Examples of Predilection in a sentence. Her predilection for chocolate-covered roaches is so weird! 🔊. Gregory goes out to watch birds daily so I assume he has a predilection for the hobby. 🔊
Is the word’predilection’good or bad?
Depending on your predilection, you can say that’s a good thing or bad thing, but, for the likes of me, the modern world is often execrable. Certainly, the widespread predilection for the fancy and frivolous has its roots in decades of drab socialist conformity.
The authors of their predilection were Catullus, Propertius, and Tibullus. The Cultural Lives of Cause Lawyers is marred by unevenness in the quality of its essays, diffusiveness in the themes they address, and a predilection for academic jargon.
What does a predilection for travel prepossession mean?
predilection implies a strong liking deriving from one’s temperament or experience. a predilection for travel prepossession suggests a fixed conception likely to preclude objective judgment of anything counter to it.