Table of Contents
What are some French last names?
Popular French Last Names
- Lavigne. Pronunciation: La-veen-ye. Meaning: Vine.
- Monet. Pronunciation: Mon-ay.
- Blanchet. Pronunciation: Blan-shay.
- Garnier. Pronunciation: Gar-nee-yay.
- Moulin. Pronunciation: Moo-lan.
- Toussaint. Pronunciation: Too-san.
- Laurent. Pronunciation: Lor-onn.
- Dupont. Pronunciation: Dew-pon.
What are good French last names?
Here are our favorite French last names that make us wish for such an elegant-sounding moniker.
- Allaire. Allaire is a surname used for people from the town of the same name.
- André André is a French form of Andrew and means masculine.
What are some uncommon French last names?
These unique French surnames are either unusual because they are uncommonly heard today, or because they have meanings that seem stranger than fiction.
- Auclair – Means “clear”
- Anouilh – Means “a slow worm”
- Bain – Means “bath”
- Beaufoy – Meaning unknown.
- Beauséjour – Means “beautiful sojourn”
- Benefiel – Means “bean field”
What is a good French name?
Classic French names include Charles, Louis, and Dennis. And alongside these are other traditional names claiming a space in the official US Top 1,000 names list, including: Andre, Blaise, Dion, Josue, and Remy. And then there are the more unique French male names, such as Dio and Quincy.
What are some fancy last names?
Fancy Last names – The Best Collection (2021)
- Andilet – messenger. Alinac – light.
- Bancroft – Posh. Bandini – Cool.
- Carmichael – kind. Cobain – A rock star.
- Dalton – With a Life Path. Duke – leader.
- Elffire – foolish flame.
- Featherswallow – trader thought to resemble the bird.
- Granger – granary.
- Halifax – cool.
What are some popular French last names?
Common French Last Names. ~ Martin – From Saint Martin, a patron saint of the French Land. ~ Bernard – Saint Bernard, bold as a bear. ~ Dubois – Belonging to the woods. ~ Thomas – From Saint Thomas, the famous disciple of Jesus. ~ Robert – This last name is derived from the German language and it means bright flame.
What are some beautiful last names?
Jackson,(American origin) great name for a modern young lady.
What ethnicity is the last name French?
Last name: French. This ancient surname is of Anglo-Saxon origin, and is from an ethnic name for someone from France, derived from the Middle English (1200 – 1500) “frennsee, frenche” a development of the Olde English pre 7th Century “frencisc”, meaning french.
What are some popular last names?
The most common surnames in the United States in order, are Smith, Johnson, Williams, Jones, and Brown.