Table of Contents
What does it mean when someone says formerly?
1 : at an earlier time : previously. 2 obsolete : just before.
How do you use formerly known as?
The long-tailed duck, formerly known as the Oldsquaw, is a striking study in light and dark plumage. The nightclub formerly known as Desperados is scheduled to reopen under the name Coyotes Bar and Dance Saloon.
How do you use previously in a sentence?
Previously sentence example
- She opened the door and the bright daylight in that previously darkened room startled her.
- Previously , the child was under the protection of her mother.
- For some years previously the pastoral industry had been declining Drought.
How do you use rightly in a sentence?
Rightly sentence example
- It has been rightly given above.
- If I remember rightly , we were sixty-six years old the day before yesterday.
- Nothing can rightly compel a simple and brave man to a vulgar sadness.
What part of speech is formerly?
formerly Add to list Share. Use the adverb formerly to describe something that happened earlier.
How do you write formerly known on a resume?
Give the current name of the company followed by the old name: XYZ Inc. (formerly, ABC Co.). Give the old name of the company first, possibly with the date of the M&A: ABC Co.
What is the opposite of formerly?
Antonyms for formerly. after, afterward. (or afterwards), later.
Which is correct formerly or formally?
Formerly is something that happened before, like when a pop star changed his name to a squiggle, he became known as The Artist Formerly Known as Prince. But formally comes from formal, or fancy, like the prom.
Is formerly known or was formerly known?
Use the adverb formerly to describe something that happened earlier. A history teacher might explain that the city of Istanbul was formerly known as Constantinople.