Table of Contents
What is Tagalog of pretty?
Maganda is like a catch-all kind of word which means it can be used as a generic one to describe English words like beautiful, pretty, cool, great, good-looking, and nice. Just like in English, the word maganda can be substituted by other words.
What does Sinta mean?
1. SINTA – an old-fashioned word for “love” The Tagalog word “sinta” just rolls off your tongue. Next time, call your partner “sinta ko” or “aking sinta” meaning “my love”.
How do you praise someone in Tagalog?
1. Complimenting Someone’s Look
- 2- Ang pogi/ganda mo naman.
- 5- Ang kinis ng pisngi mo!
- 6- Sumiseksi ka yata!
- 7- Marunong ka talagang pumili.
- 1- Ang galing mo ah.
- 2- Gusto ko yang ginawa mo.
- 4- Ipagpatuloy mo ‘yan ha.
- 5- Turuan mo naman ako.
How do you compliment someone?
Complimenting the Whole Person
- I appreciate you.
- You are perfect just the way you are.
- You are enough.
- You’re all that and a super-size bag of chips.
- On a scale from 1 to 10, you’re an 11.
- You’ve got all the right moves.
- Everything would be better if more people were like you.
- You are an incredible human.
What is the meaning of Maharlika?
The Maharlika (meaning freeman or freedman) were the feudal warrior class in ancient Tagalog society in Luzon, the Philippines. The Spanish translated the name as Hidalgos (or libres). They belonged to the lower nobility class similar to the Timawa of the Visayan people.
What does Hiraya mean in Tagalog?
Hiraya, taken from an ancient Filipino word meaning the “fruit of one’s hopes, dreams, and aspirations”, originates from the popular phrase “Hiraya Manawari,” which generally means “may the wishes of your heart be granted”.
What does Giliw mean in Tagalog?
Definition for the Tagalog word giliw: giliw. [noun] being hospitable; fondness; affection. Root: giliw. Frequent.