What temperature can guinea pigs be outside?
Temperatures between 18 and 23 degrees Celcius are ideal for guinea pigs living outside. If it gets colder than around 15 degrees, they can get too cold. While anything over 26 degrees could cause heatstroke.
Can I put my guinea pig outside?
And direct sunlight. Guinea Pigs have sensitive hearing, so locate your Guinea Pig away from loud noises. Eg: The television. If you’re keeping you Guinea Pig indoors during the winter, then avoid putting him outside during the day.
How long should guinea pigs be outside for?
How long should I keep my guinea pigs outside? Guinea pigs are recommended to have at least 1 hour outside of their cage, every day. However, if your guinea pig has never been outside, start with small amounts of time and increase gradually. It can be quite tiring to them at first.
Can guinea pigs be kept outdoors in winter?
Guinea pigs can live indoors or outdoors, so long as they have enough space and you can keep them at a comfortable temperature in the summer heat or bad winter weather. You can also keep your guinea pigs in their own heated outhouse, a car-free garage or a shed.
How do I know if my guinea pig is cold?
Reading the Signs That Your Guinea Pigs Are Cold
- Shivering: If your guinea pigs are shivering, that is a good sign that they are too cold.
- Huddling: If your guinea pig curls up in a ball, that is another good sign that they are cold.
What Hutch is best for a guinea pig?
10 Best Guinea Pig Hutches Reviewed
- PawHut Outdoor Triangular Wooden Guinea Pig House With Run.
- Ferplast Cavie Guinea Pig Cage.
- Living World Deluxe Habitat, X-Large, 61859A1.
- Lovupet Wooden Outdoor Indoor Guinea Pig Cage.
- Krolik Extra Large Rabbit w/ Wood Hutch Extension.
- Kaytee Deluxe 42 x 18 2 level Rabbit Cage.