Which organ is the largest?
The skin is the body’s largest organ.
What is the largest intestinal organ?
The colon is the largest portion of the large intestine, so many mentions of the large intestine and colon overlap in meaning whenever precision is not the focus. Most sources define the large intestine as the combination of the cecum, colon, rectum, and anal canal….
What is the largest organ in the abdominal cavity quizlet?
Terms in this set (15)
- The Liver. The largest solid organ in the abdomen is.
- Left Upper Quadrant. The stomach is located in the.
- Visceral peritoneum. The membrane covering the abdominal organs is termed the.
- Retroperitoneal. The pancreas is considered.
- LUQ. The spleen is located in the.
What are the major abdominal organs?
The abdomen contains many vital organs: the stomach, the small intestine (jejunum and ileum), the large intestine (colon), the liver, the spleen, the gallbladder, the pancreas, the uterus, the fallopian tubes, the ovaries, the kidneys, the ureters, the bladder, and many blood vessels (arteries and veins).
What is the largest organ in the abdominal cavity pig?
1. The largest organ in the abdominal cavity is by far the liver, just below the diaphragm (the flap of muscle separating the abdominal from the thoracic cavity).
What abdominal organ is green in color?
The gallbladder is a small, sac-like organ that sits under the liver on the right side of your abdomen (belly). The gallbladder stores a greenish fluid called bile. Bile is made and released by the liver and then sent to the small intestine, where it helps the body break down and absorb food.