Table of Contents
- 1 Why is it important to take good care of your teeth?
- 2 What supplies do you need in order to take good care of your teeth at home?
- 3 How can we take care of your mouth?
- 4 What equipment is needed for a mouth care assessment?
- 5 How do you clean your teeth at home?
- 6 Are You taking good care of your teeth?
Why is it important to take good care of your teeth?
Taking care of your teeth helps prevent cavities and gum disease. Brushing and flossing properly can prevent plaque (pronounced: plak), a clear film of bacteria that sticks to your teeth. After you eat, the bacteria break down sugar on your teeth into acids that eat away tooth enamel, causing holes called cavities.
What supplies do you need in order to take good care of your teeth at home?
Here are eight basic dental care “tools” for good oral hygiene and a nice smile:
- Toothbrushes. When buying a toothbrush, you’ll see hard, medium, and soft bristles.
- Dental floss.
- Dental picks and sticks.
- Oral irrigators.
- Teeth whiteners.
- Tongue scrapers.
What should my teeth routine be?
Brush your teeth at least twice a day (morning and before bed time) and floss at least once a day. Better still, brush after every meal and snack. These activities remove plaque, which if not removed, combines with sugars to form acids that lead to tooth decay.
How do you maintain oral hygiene?
Here are some things you can do to maintain a healthy mouth and strong teeth. Drink fluoridated water and brush with fluoride toothpaste. Practice good oral hygiene. Brush teeth thoroughly twice a day and floss daily between the teeth to remove dental plaque.
How can we take care of your mouth?
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss your teeth at least once a day.
- Don’t smoke or chew tobacco.
- Ask your doctor if your medicines have side effects that might damage your teeth.
- Look inside your mouth regularly for sores that don’t heal, irritated gums, or other changes.
What equipment is needed for a mouth care assessment?
Assess the oral cavity using an appropriate assessment tool. You may need a tongue depressor and a torch to carry out the assessment efficiently.
What equipment do you need to brush your teeth?
The very basics of dental care, in order to brush you teeth, you’ll need a soft bristle brush that fits comfortably in your mouth and fluoride toothpaste. While most people brush immediately with the toothpaste, you might want to try dry brushing your teeth first.
How often should I brush my teeth?
The American Dental Association recommends brushing your teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste for two minutes each time. When you brush your teeth, you help remove food and plaque — a sticky white film that forms on your teeth and contains bacteria.
How do you clean your teeth at home?
There is a way to give your teeth a deeper cleaning at home. Choose a soft bristle brush that fits in your mouth. Having the right size of toothbrush improves teeth cleaning. Put tartar-control, fluoride toothpaste on the brush. Use toothpaste approved by the American Dental Association, or ADA.
Are You taking good care of your teeth?
Keep Your Teeth Clean.
How to care for your teeth and gums properly?
Oil Pulling. This is an ancient Ayurvedic technique that has been used for centuries to keep the mouth healthy.
How can I take care of my teeth as I age?
Caring For Your Teeth Before You Reach Retirement.