Table of Contents
- 1 What do you think are the strengths of your family as a group?
- 2 How can you become a better member of your family?
- 3 What are some strengths a family can have?
- 4 How can your relationship influence each member of the family?
- 5 What can I contribute in building and strengthening my own family?
- 6 What are the individual strengths?
What do you think are the strengths of your family as a group?
Family strengths are those relationship qualities that contribute to the emotional health and well-being of the family….The Family Strengths Perspective.
|positive communication||time together|
|sharing feelings||quality time in great quantity|
|giving compliments||good things take time|
How can you become a better member of your family?
10 Tips to Better Family Time
- Eat together and listen to each other. Most children today don’t know the meaning of family dinnertime.
- Read often.
- Do chores together.
- Help with schoolwork.
- Start a hobby or project.
- Play games.
- Plan a family outing.
- Encourage athletic activities.
What are some strengths a family can have?
- Appreciation and affection. People in strong families deeply care for one another, and they let each other know this on a regular basis.
- Positive communication.
- Enjoyable time together.
- Spiritual well-being.
- Successful management of stress and crisis.
What is the strength of family orientation?
Simply knowing the type of family does not tell one anything about the strength of the family….The Family Strengths Perspective.
|Respect for individuality||Dependability|
|Positive communication||Time together|
|Sharing feelings||Quality time in great quantity|
Why do families give us strength?
When a family is strong. They’re better equipped to meet children’s needs. They’re able to weather life’s ups and downs together, even when things get tough. They find support in friends and family around them, and give support in return. They share strength with their neighborhood, community and society.
How can your relationship influence each member of the family?
Positive relationships with parents and siblings help a child grow mentally, emotionally, and physically, whereas negative family relationships can have detrimental effects later in life. Family relationships can greatly affect children and shape who they become as adults in following ways: Physical Health.
What can I contribute in building and strengthening my own family?
Try these ways to build a stronger bond with your family.
- Learn to express yourself. The key to any strong relationship is communication.
- Reserve a Talk-it-out Time. Parents spend 60% of their income on their Children & 12% of their time!
- Make room for fun.
- Respect personal space.
- Share responsibilities.
- Agree to disagree.
What are the individual strengths?
Personal Strengths Defined
- Wisdom. Creativity. Curiosity. Love of learning.
- Courage. Authenticity. Bravery. Persistence.
- Humanity. Kindness. Love. Social intelligence.
- Justice. Fairness. Leadership. Teamwork.
- Temperance. Forgiveness. Modesty/Humility. Prudence.
- Transcendence. Appreciation of beauty and excellence. Gratitude. Hope.
What are the influences of your family as an individual?
Family influences our development and individual in various ways which are: Spiritually, socially, financially, morally, as well as martially. However, family or home is the number one school to training and develop our potentials. Family helps us grow in a spiritual way through what we learn from devotion.