Table of Contents
What is a good sentence for Plunge?
Plunge sentence example. Let’s not just plunge into this. Unwilling to go on, she stopped and hugged herself, watching Keaton plunge into the water. Let go of the past and plunge in with me.
What is the meaning of the phrase plunge in?
1 : to push (something) into something quickly and forcefully The nurse grabbed his arm and plunged the needle in. 2 : to start doing something with enthusiasm and energy It was a big project, so we all just had to plunge in and get started.
What is a sentence for plunging?
(1) He is plunging into an abyss of despair. (2) The view of lake and plunging cliffs seduces visitors. (3) The country is sinking/plunging into an abyss of violence and lawlessness. (4) Cook the peas by plunging them into boiling water.
What is the meaning of plunge off?
1 : to thrust or cast oneself into or as if into water. 2a : to become pitched or thrown headlong or violently forward and downward also : to move oneself in such a manner plunged off the embankment. b : to act with reckless haste : enter suddenly or unexpectedly plunges into project after project.
How do you use mull over in a sentence?
Examples of ‘mull over’ in a sentence mull over
- The couple had been mulling over business ideas for a while.
- It will be a long time to mull over a defeat.
- It’s certainly something to mull over the next time you pay for your groceries.
- We mull over ideas, issues, and ministry tactics.
How do you use sponge in a sentence?
English Sentences Focusing on Words and Their Word Families The Word “Sponge” in Example Sentences Page 1
- [S] [T] A sponge absorbs liquids. (
- [S] [T] I saw the sponge in the sink. (
- [S] [T] He’s still sponging off his father. (
- [S] [T] He’s still sponging off his parents. (
- [S] [T] A sponge absorbs water. (
What is the similar meaning of the words plunged into?
plunge into. put one’s hand to the plow. put one’s nose to the grindstone. set to. swing into action.
What does it mean to go on binges?
: a short period of time when you do too much of something. binge. verb. English Language Learners Definition of binge (Entry 2 of 2) : to eat, drink, etc., too much in a short period of time : to go on a binge.
How do you use nurture in a sentence?
Nurture sentence example
- I have the same need to nurture and protect.
- I resented our relationship, but I continued to nurture it.
- How could God do this to them when all they wanted was to love each other and nurture their own children?
What does the idiom caught my eye mean?
From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English catch somebody’s eyea) to attract someone’s attention and make them look at something Out on the freeway, a billboard caught his eye. b) to look at someone at the same moment that they are looking at you Every time she caught his eye, she would glance away embarrassed.
What mull over means?
Ponder, think about, as in She mulled over the offer for some time and then turned it down. [